From: Doug Stalker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, 11 December 2001 12:43 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; George Vieira
Subject: RE: [SLUG] Pppd server won't authenticate

Client is windows.

Authentication should be chap - I have both 'auth' and 'require-chap' in
/etc/ppp/pptpd-options

I just tried adding noauth to /etc/ppp/pptpd-options and /etc/ppp/options,
and including ALL:ALL in /etc/hosts.allow, and I still got the same error.

/usr/sbin/pppd: The remote system is required to authenticate itself
/usr/sbin/pppd: but I couldn't find any suitable secret (password) for it to
use to do so.
/usr/sbin/pppd: (None of the available passwords would let it use an IP
address.)

Is there something else I'm misisng here?  The fact that noauth is being
ignored suggests to me it is in the wrong place - where should I be placing
sting for this?

 - Doug