Kevin Saenz wrote:

> I know that this may be a little off but I have installed Linux on DEC
> alpha.
> What I had to keep in mind was that I needed to create a 1 meg fat bootable
> partition, otherwise Linux or NT would not boot. Hope this tidbit helps.

The Sparc will not need any such evil on its platter :-)
This small fat partition is required iff you are using the AlphaBIOS on a
DEC Alpha and you don't have the SRM console.
I hated having that little bit of evil lurking on my hard disk so much that
I took the risk and blew away the AlphaBIOS and loaded SRM into the EEPROM or NVRAM.

Mike