Andrew Fries wrote:

> The unit in question, Opti-UPS PowerES 420ES came from the online auction site at
> <http://www.auctiontraders.com.au>. But when it arrived I found it sports those
> three-point straight pin power plugs used in the States. Apparently it was not
> intended for sale in Australia!  ...

Contact the Dept of Fair Trading and ask advice on the matter. It is probably
illegal to sell electrical goods not suited for Aussie conditions. My uninformed
guess on this is based on those strident Electrical Compliance stickers one
often sees on the back of consumer electrical goods, indicating what power
supply the item is certified for, and includes a certification/compliance number.
I would think the UPS you have purchased would be non-compliant.

-rickw