I've got to admit, auctiontrader looks like all your Christmases have arrived
at once, but features like if you make a maximum bid greater than the reserve
regardless of the current state of bidding, that becomes the highest bid, no
correspondance if reserve is not met etc etc all in my opinion make this site
a waste of time. YMMV

With regards to your problem it's not offtopic, we all buy from sites like
this from time to time. Try to source a Xeon Slot 2 board from a distributor
for example. I'd go the fair trading route. It is buyer beware but the
merchandise has to be as advertised. Also from memory the final bid on
auctiontrader isn't final you can reject the bid and the sale if you want
either by email or by not replying to the confirmation emails they send for 3
days or something similar.

Brett