Actually it is against the law to force a consumer to use
products from another company when you have a perfectly good
product that does the job and meets international and local standards.
I think at one SLUG meeting 2 weeks 2 months ago someone mentioned that
in fact there are standards set by the Australian Gov for companies
who want to offer public documentation and services and infringing those
standards can leave you open to a hefty fine.

Ive noticed in the USA people with disabilities are suing such
companies as banks etc for producing web sites that block
access by people with disabilities due to lack of fundamental standards
in the access portal (windows IE isn't a standard).

Often commercial web sites try to create a glossy bloated dysfunctional
boring and total irrelevant web portals to a service. I would love to
see some of these really horrid web sites get rid of all the crap and
just show me what I want. I dont need to see 20 animated GIFS running
around saying how happy I must be to have to view all this crap every
time I use their service, and I still cant see what the bloody hell I
want, but whooo aren't those stupid gif's cool.(I'm so over web page
graphics)

I'm starting to realize why for every 5 people who connect to the
Internet 2 disconnect within a year.