Hello,
        I've been having some weird problems with Gnome.  I'm not sure if
gdm is the culprit or something else is.  I am currently useing gnome2.2
backported to debian 3.0.

        The problem is two people use my machine.  We generally both
like to keep an Xsession around, rather then continualy log each other
of X.  What the problem is we can't seem to start a second session of
Gnome up.

To reproduce:
        UserA: Uses startx to start an Xsession
        UserB: uses 'startx -- :1' to start an Xsession

        UserB's session will never start - it just hangs after it popups
the gnoem spadh screen (no icons are shown).  UserB can log in okay if
UserA isn't logged in.  Additionally if UserB starts first, UserA won't
be able to start a session.

        To really make things strange - either user can create two
sessions, without a problem.

        I'm curious if anyone has any idea what may be causing this?  If
not I'll try reporting a bug - although I'm not sure which component has
the problem.

        Regards,
        nash

--
Brett Nash <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.