This is an interesting POV. We currently have about 40 Linux boxes in high load production environments, and racking my brian I can't think of a scenario where a 0.1% increase in performance (for performance alone not considering interoperability or security for example) would be worth more than a very quick update.

Perhaps you could give us some examples in the real world?

Brett

DE LUCA Ben wrote:

If you need to handle more load, throw another cpu, more ram or another box
at the problem.

Some times this is not possible, that even a 0.1% increase in
performance is worth it.