From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Shaun Oliver
Sent: Thursday, 25 September 2003 11:48 PM
To: John Clarke
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Yuk

at the risk of being helpful, John Clarke delivered up the following on Fri,
Sep 26, 2003 at 12:16:08PM +1000,
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 11:10:00AM +1000, Richard Ames wrote:
>
> > They should be filtered before the listserver.
>
> We had this discussion a couple of weeks ago.
>
> All of you, stop whinging about the tiny bit of spam that makes it
> through the list filters.  Something like 99% or more of spam *is*
> stopped at the list server, thanks to the efforts of the admins.
>
> The list admins, all unpaid volunteers, do a great job and should not
> have to listen to whiny gits who can't be bothered running their own
> spam filter and expect someone else to protect them.
>
> > Or better yet --- member only.
>
> We've had this discussion too.  It's not going to happen.  You asked for
> this a couple of weeks ago and were told so then, what makes you think
> the answer's going to be any different this time?

HERE HERE!!
john, we may not have agreed on a couple of things a week or so ago but,
is not the idea of Linux to a point total and utter customisability in
as much as you can do wtf u need to be able to suit your purpose?
at least that in part is what I thought running Linux was about,
look quit bitching about the spam,
personally, if someone wants to send spam about someone blowing a horse
or some other sick crap like that there's an interesting function you
should read about.
it's called delete.
christ sakes people, couple extra key strokes or a click of a mouse and
a press of a key and it's gone.
best fucken spam filter around.

--
Shaun Oliver
"Becareful of the toes u step on today, they maybe connected to the ass you

EMAIL: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
ICQ: 76958435
YAHOO: blindman01_2000
MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM: captain nemo 200
IRC: irc.awesomechat.net:6666
IRCNICK: blindman
CHANNELS: #awesomeradio #mircpopup-magic #linux #help #ourworld #audiofile
#mauisun