Dave Airlie wrote:

>>http://www.paypalsucks.com/
>>
>>I have had no experience with paypal but given sites such as these I
>>would be wary. I have used kagi (something like that) to pay for some
>>sofware last year and there are many other alternatives to paypal which
>>dont seem to have to anti-web sites.
>

> this is a very false logic.. one I wouldn't ever trust.. the reason paypal
> as an anti-paypal site is because paypal is the most popular and most
> widely used,

just like Windows gets more virusses as its just more widely used than
Linux :-)

> and of course it has issues, just because one of the others
> hasn't got an anti-web site may be more to do with underuse and
> non-discovery of issues than anything else..

Just like Linux :-)
and Del replied....

> Not wanting to start another flamewar but:
> (a) don't believe everything you read on the internet (*).

I didnt believe, I said I would be wary. I would only believe it if I
saw a report like that on the News like CNNNN :-)

> (b) searching through historical archives you will find
> that this site was set up by a Paypal competitor.  Caveat
> emptor.
a reference ?????

You might be right too. Good to see that we have some scepticism in SLUG :-)

Mike
(ignore legal crap below)

UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F

DISCLAIMER
This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.
immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the views the University of
Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.