On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 10:19:01AM +1000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Q2. The order page calls a Perl script say "orderpage.pl", I want the
> script to capture the "hop=some_data". I got the script to print the whole
> %ENV, and I see no "HTTP_REFERER". I thought "HTTP_REFERER" would show the

That's because it's not the referrer.  The referrer is the page
containing the link that was used to get to your page.  The stuff after
the '?' is QUERY_STRING.

To pick a random example, http://www.slug.org.au/index.html contains
this link:

If I follow the link to load "about.html", HTTP_REFERER will be
"http://www.slug.org.au/index.html"; and QUERY_STRING will be empty.

To pick another random example, slug's events page contains this link:

If I follow that link, HTTP_REFERER will be
"http://www.slug.org.au/events/"; and QUERY_STRING will be "id=91".

Cheers,

John
--