>I think a lot of people who are posting here are probably having problem
>running linux in their business and come to slug for help. I don't see
>this as a problem at all. I think the only difference here is in degrees,
>there is a difference between "how do i do XYZ" and "please teach me how
>to write a dynamic web application", but i think in general, if the slug
>list can't help those using linux at work, then what is the point?!

10-4

That's exactly how I found my way onto this list.  :)
And I do agree whole-heartedly about:
"there is a difference between "how do i do XYZ" and "please teach me how
to write a dynamic web application","

I have learnt a lot between this list & the perl list I'm subscribed to as
well -
There is also only so much you can learn by asking [relatively] simple
questions
like those passed around here (some are not quite so simple, but the
majority are)
The rest we'll have to dig deeper...

But we'll also have to respect the businesses, so yeah. I think it would be
silly
to ask something like:
eg. "I need a script to manage my customer database and handle all my
orders"
But I see no problem in the questions so far where the need is smaller:
eg. "I can't find an appropriate module to connect to a database using perl
-
     can anyone point me in the right direction?"

We're all here to learn.

(I'm sure you know what I mean...)    :)

------
Jared