I've just completed my samba 3.0 upgrade and have connected my server to the Active directory at my place of employment.

Some one mentioned that there was very poor documentation for samba 3.0 and I found this fyi on the samba site http://au1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html

It has complete instructions for the task I just performed. Of note on the gentoo box I have at work I was not required to complete the /etc/krb5.conf file it just worked. Under redhat 8.0 It was nessicary.

Ben de Luca