On Fri, 2004-03-12 at 17:12, Michael Fox wrote:
> > Not all ISPs connected to PIPE actually offer free data from the PIPE
> > network. For example Pacific Internet or Internode. :-)
>
> this is indeed true, I believe internode recently changed this and pipe
> data is now free. however, I am on neither isp so can't really be certain
> how true that is :)

Not quite. Internode have recently declared PIPE traffic un-prioritised
(as opposed to un-metered) for Flatrate customers only. So, while PIPE
traffic will still count towards your 7 day rolling download total
(reduced from a 30 day rolling total recently), it will always come down
at full speed when other traffic is slowed by Flaterate prioritisation.

Btw, I have to say that I'm not really concerned, as my plan (512/128
premium) has just gone down in price from $99.95p/m to $79.95p/m with a
download limit increase from 24GB to 32GB, so I'm over the moon! :) As
far as I am concerned, 32GB per month is unlimited enough to not have to
worry about excess fees...

Cheers,

John...