OK Mandrake "Community" and Mandrake "Official" are different.

The old release cycle was

cooker -> beta releases -> GPL mandrake release -> 2-4 weeks later
Official.

now we have after allot of prodding by people who want to get a version
that been broken in, and debugged, before they install it on the company
desktop, a new release cycle

cooker -> beta releases -> community -> Official (2/3 months later).

Also note GPL Free "Official" will be also be released to the public but
only after Official has been released to paying Mandrake Club members.

Mandrake Power Pack etc boxed versions will be based on Mandrake
"Official" not "community"

And yes from what I can glean from the info $$$ version won't be the
same as the FREE GPL version on the FTP server but as anyone knows you
can hunt these packages down anyway. Personally I just go buy a boxed
version saves me having to look all over the place for the missing
commercial packages ie Nvidia ATi Java etc etc.

Disclaimer:

I don't work for Mandrake-soft, nor do I gain in any way by the above
information from Mandrake-Soft other than the warm fuzzy feeling. All
the above information is a personal view and has in no way any
association to Mandrake-Soft's company policies.

So Mandrake Official wont be released till April/May.

More info here

http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/pr-releaseprocess.php3

--
    GPLG