On Sat, Jun 05, 2004, Brad Kowalczyk wrote:
> Just one small Q, lets say I develop an app and release it under say
> the GPL, if I then improve on this app adding new features and
> functionality and wish to make a $ with it can I then release it under
> a <shudder> >closed source</shudder> license even though it is heavily
> based on GPL'd code?

Licences and copyright law assign monopoly control of copying and
derived works to the copyright holder. You can licence and re-licence
your own copyright works however many times you like.

It is only when dealing with copyright held (in part or full) by others
that you are bound by the terms of their licence.

-Mary