On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 01:04:44PM +1000, bill wrote:
> I have 3 pc's networked to an ethernet switch, which is connected to the
> 'Net via a modem router. All works well.

Is it a four port switch?  Often those things have 5 ports, but only
four can be active at the same time (the extra port can be used as an
uplink port, disabling usually the number 1 port).

> Should I be using straight-through cable or crossover cable from the wall
> point to the ethernet switch (I asume straight-through)?

Generally PC->switch is straight through, but most equipment these
days is auto-sensing and will just figure it out.

-i
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au