> > I'm all ears, unless I hear otherwise, I'll probably write
> the 'stack'
> > technology.
>
> I don't know that it's a "stack" problem. I can think of two
> ways to do
> it:
>
> 1. Use the zany xml-rpc stuff in Javascript to do the query.
> This sounds like a nice idea in theory but I don't know how
> compatible it would be.
> Anyone played with this?

Do this all the time in my web apps. It works relatively well with a few
little draw backs..

You have to worry about carriage returns and single quotes in the data that
is being returned in the javascript as this will cause parsing errors in
JS..

It's rather quick though and if you write good JS then it should work on all
modern browsers.

You could always use a two/more step method (back to the web server) but I
particularly don't like these :)

Adam.