On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:13:37 +1000
Felix Sheldon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I read about JFS when SCO was claiming ownership of it. If I was going
> to go to all the trouble of stealing it from SCO I thought I may as well
> have a look at it. =)
>
> I have stuck with it after some initial playing around, and it's been
> really reliable. Mainly, I like the fact that it hasn't eaten any of my
> files (big or small).

On that note, I remember having a number of fairly major problems with it
earlier this year when I was running Gentoo on my desktop. Basically Gentoo
would crash and burn quite badly on bootup if you hadn't powered down properly,
and most of the time it would take a bit of the data on the disk with it.

So a warning to anyone who wants to use JFS on Gentoo - it might be more trouble
than it's worth. (But they may have fixed the problems since I used it).

Lindsay

--
http://www.asymmetrics.net/~auxesis/