Kevin Saenz wrote:

Read the ff. info so very carefully before expending time and money
on this intended project.

http://www.schlesinger.us/nf20031230.htm

It appears that this Schlesinger is a bit of a dolt. a couple of weeks
to built a mythtv box, Yeah right! It took me less than a day. This
guy seems to be a complete noobie to linux in the first instance. I
got mythtv running on Mandrake10. and 10.1 I used the CVS as opposed
to the tarballs, at the moment I am considering Gentoo as the next
step. I can see a couple of weeks in the gentoo part, that is
understandable. He started off with SuSE, who in their right mind
would use SuSE for multimedia, they don't ship codecs because it
breaches their license.

Are you able to provide us with your 'HOWTO Mythtv' ?

I know you've said there are a number of success stories on MythTV
posted on this list, but I have not seen a 'HOWTO Mythtv' that can
be replicated to  authenticate these claims. It is one thing to claim
something but another to get authentications for these claims.

I'd like to replicate it to see if it works for me without too much of a
hassle, as you seem to have done,  even if involves costs of
additional hardware and software.

I have tried the 'tv_grab_au' from one list but did not work for me.
Are you able to post the code for this script ?

There is NO 'tv_grab_au'  from the de-facto http://www.xmltv.org
server. I suspect because there is none that works consistently.

I am not an apologist for anyone. But just because it took him a couple of weeks
to build a mythtv box would not justify slandering his name. Especially, he is not
around to respond. He has detailed his procedure to show good faith and professional
honesty, now you owe it to him and to this lists to detail yours after slandering a
person's name.

I found his resume here:

http://www.schlesinger.us/aboutlee.htm