While not 'quick & dirty', I ran across a nifty utility I refer back to every once in a
while called the "3D FileSystem Profiler".  It will take the specified directory,
and create a 3D NAVIGATABLE chart of of directories/files showing file sizes/number of files.
http://visualversion.com/profiler/index.html

Another along the same line is kdirstat, "Graphical Directory Statistics for Used
Disk Space"

--Keith

Ben Donohue wrote:
Voytek wrote:

I'm trying to find a specific file withing a web tree, what the way to do it:

I tried this with no luck

# locate /home/domain.org.au localconf.php
only to get
find: localconf.php: No such file or directory

Further to this (and this is not an answer to the question above) but I'm buggered if i can find the largest files on the hard disk and list them in order.
I've tried various arguements but can't seem to crack it.
like find / -S -r (or -s) -name xxx|more

Any ideas out there?
Ben