On 9/28/05, David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If they are doing low volumes, I can't imagine a punter using mutt. It's
> really hard to convince someone raised on gui that consoles are actually
> easier.

Perhaps we could have a SLUG talk on mutt?

I've heard so many good things about mutt, so I'l like to give it a
try, but feel that I don't have the time to learn how to get going
with it.

So, a talk that covered:
o Running mutt for the very first time
o Configuring for IMAP ( and POP, and local mail file etc...)
o How to fetch & read mail
o efficient ways of searching mail
o how to send an email
o how to filter mail (e.g. I have Evolution move my mail around as it arrives)
o just *why* mutt is more efficient that a GUI mail tool
... and all the things that makes mutt cool! :-)

All the best,
    Bruce
http://www.openskills.org/