On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 02:03:29PM +1100, Dean Hamstead wrote:
> im not sure if this is a chat topic or not
>
> but anyway, is anyone here using ipv6? im thinking of
> using it here at home for curiosities sake. im running
> debian and freebsd so they are ready. macosx and xp
> (for the parents and kids etc) are also ipv6 ready.
>
> i can just about guarentee that the linksys router,
> belkin and apple waps are also not ipv6 compatable
>
> so, like i was saying. id like to hear from anyone running
> it at home or work etc (or using ?6bone?) especially with
> off the shelf appliance style hardware.

I am running at home just to play with, but I have 3 networks hanging
off the firewall, lan, wan and a firewire (again more playing), I run
ipv6 on all of them.

I also have 2 internet connections (1 static and 1 dynamic),  I onyl use the
ip6to4 addressing
schema, which is a pain for the dhcp internet address cause I have to
make changes to my internet dns, if memory serves me correctly you get a
/64 on the 6to4 address space to chop up how you want internally, also
using fe80 for site addressing so I can use these addresses with out
worring about the changing dhcp address and therefor a changing 6to4
address

I routing my encapsulated traffic via ::192.231.212.5 (aus 4to6 gateway)
and via the ::192.88.99.1 which is defined as a 4to6 gateway which is
mean to be provided by your isp

had some fun setting it up and ip6tables, but now I have it running
haven't played with it in a while.  Setup my proxy pack to try ipv6
addresses first for some sites