> openssl in FC4 is patched as openssl 0.9.7f (which was released for FC4
> when the vulnerability was announced last year) contains the same
> security fix as openssl 0.9.8a.
>
> http://www.openssl.org/news/secadv_20051011.txt
> http://lwn.net/Alerts/155824/

And of course, the really stupid thing is that Redhat/Fedora have been
doing this sort of thing for years. They always futz with the version
numbers, so that what you have on your FC/RH system is usually a mix of
the named version and back ported patches.

This is nothing new people and a reason why you should pay attention to
what your distro releases in terms of security alerts instead of blindly
following the originating projects alerts.

Finally I would just like to add

"Join our LUG, Join our LUG, We're From Sydney, We Get Mugged"
--
James Purser
Producer/Presenter - Linux Australia Update