Simon Males wrote:

ashley maher wrote:

G'day,

At a meeting tonight I was asked about shared calendaring on linux that
plays well with outlook.

Going through the slug mailing list archives looks like this gets asked
regularly. I did some googling based on previous answers. I thought
worth asking again.

What are people using at the moment in this situation?

I simply know this tool exists, my boss wanted me to demo it to him but my test machine at the time was underspec of the installer (512MB).

http://www.scalix.com/
Enterprise Email and Calendaring on Linux

last time I looked, the free (as in beer, it is not open source) version of scalix didn't support calender sharing, you had to purchase a copy for that. Scalix is very nice, but very proprietary and very expensive. Depending on the situation I would suggest Hula with the new evolution available in Dapper. It will support calender sharing and does a whole lot of cool stuff as a mail server too. Point and click admin with web mail pop and imap support. Not sure how it interacts with Outlook, but I know Hula works well with it, I just don't know about the calender sharing bit.

Gunna be really good in the future releases.

Tuxta