On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 21:38 +1000, ashley maher wrote:
> At a meeting tonight I was asked about shared calendaring on linux that
> plays well with outlook.

At the moment I'm trialling Sugar CRM[1]. I'm using the open source
release, but there's a couple of others with varying levels of features
and support.

It does shared calendaring by way of a proprietary plugin for Outlook
that'll set you back around $US30 per head for a handful of licences.
Less for larger volumes.

The contact management bits of Sugar are OK. It has an integrated issue
tracking guy which is sufficient for our needs so far, but is a little
unwieldy, and something of a shock after getting comfortable with RT.
I'm happy with the web-based calendaring component.

Feedback on the Outlook plugin in the sugar forums is mixed. When it's
good, it's very very good, but when it's bad it's horrid. I haven't yet
heard anything back from my Outlook-using guinea pigs.

[1] http://sugarcrm.com/

--
Pete