Andrew Cowie wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 12:09 +1000, Terry Collins wrote:

> As Jamie and Mary pointed out, SLUG has been a publicly archived
> community since the mid 90s. Get over it.

Except that this information was hidden away and not publically stated.

> I for one am glad that the communities I participate in are well
> distributed and broadly archived. One of the defining characteristics of
> the open source movement has been its global nature and the ability of
> contributors to collaborate across borders. Anything that further
> fosters the sharing of knowledge is to be encouraged not only for the
> immediate benefit in the admittedly narrow domain that is information
> technology, but in the far more important area of extending
> understanding between peoples. That's how we prevent war.

lol. your understanding of history is very little. The theory you
espouse has never worked over large areas and/or long term. At best, it
works for a small area for a small time. You might like to start doing a
bit more research about the factors that lead to war, particularly why
"the people" support these wars so readily.

--
     This message is copyright and may not be re-transmitted
     in any form without the prior written permission of the

     Help give a clueby to undereducated people by siharing
     these email address around.

     <insert private and work emails of past slug committee,
     web and list personell. Hey, if you canshare mine,
     then I can share yours {:-)}}}}>