On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 02:25:38PM +1000, Christopher Martin wrote:
> Thanks, iSCSI may be a solution.

While we're suggesting myriad ways to present block devices over the
network, take a quick squiz at ATA over Ethernet -- I was pleasantly amazed
at how trivial it was to get working with the aoe kernel module and
aoe-tools (on the client) and vblade (on the server).  Quite scary,
actually, and you can do regular files as block devices too, if you want.

- Matt

--
"I'm tempted to try Gentoo, but... I have better things to do with my CPU
cycles than to compile Python so that it can compile the compiler