On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 08:14:40AM +1000, Peter Miller ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
wrote:
> Oh, drat, dang, darn, shoot.  My home static IP address is banned by CBL
> for invalid HELO parameters.  I couldn't even email this to slug.
>

> Is there any elegant way to have a laptop DHCP client have its sendmail
> configured properly?  In all the cases I have to deal with, my laptop is
> a DHCP client is behind a NAT firewall.

in sendmail.mc:

  define(`SMART_HOST',`YOUR_ISP_UPSTREAM_MAILSERVER')

then do a make in /etc/mail and restart sendmail

jobst

--
This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it.
Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing Government, they can exercise

             __, Jobst Schmalenbach, Technical Director
   _ _.--'-n_/   Barrett Consulting Group P/L & The Meditation Room P/L
 -(_)------(_)=  +61 3 9532 7677, POBox 277, Caulfield South, 3162, Australia