Hi All,
My ADSL is as slow as dialup when searching for pages. even google takes 30-60 seconds to start to display. I know it's only 512k ADSL but I think there must be a problem as my daughter's XP machine displays all pages very quickly. My machine is an AMD64 3300+ running Ubuntu64 6.10 and my daughter's is a 1700 celeron with XP. I assumed the problem was DNS related but we both use the same DNS. The only thing I can see that is significantly different is the existance of ipV6 addresses How do I stop Ubuntu 6.10 trying to use ipV6. I've removed the addresses where I could find them, but still I get them displayed when I do an ifconfig.

TIA
Ashley