John Clarke wrote:
On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 04:08:48 +1100, Michael Fox wrote:

Might be a silly question, but why NAT the 192 -> 10 network, as its

It's not a silly question.

very likely a device is already doing on the 10 network to the
internet. Basically why would you want to double NAT, maybe we should
just setup some sort of route to get this traffic out to the net via
the nat device on the 10 network?

You could do it with routing, but all devices on eth1 (10.x) would need
to have a route to the 192.x network.

In theory, this just means adding the static route to your DHCP server. But in practice, both of the dhcp clients I've tried in Linux don't ask for static-routes by default, and I've only idly googled to check whether Windows supports it. The answer seems to be "maybe".

But yeah. A simpler and more efficient solution would be to make sure your multi-homed box has IP forwarding turned on ( echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward ), and add a static route on the device terminating your internet connection, telling it to use your multi-homed box as a gateway for 192.168.0.0/24. As long as there's nothing else on the 10.0.0 network that you want to talk to, everything will Just Work.

--
Pete