On 03/01/07, Adelle Hartley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I'm using xubuntu via SSH and the computer keeps turning itself off.
Sometimes, /var/log/syslog contains a message about terminating on "signal
15", but usually nothing.

My first suspicion in such cases is the hardware - is the computer cooled
well enough? Does the CPU fan work and seats well on the CPU? If you have
sensors then maybe install lm-sensors (possibly with some GUI front-end) and
see whether everything is ok.

Does the computer work well under different configurations (under windows,
for instance. Yes, I know that "running windows" and "work well" are
contradictory but I'm referring to the hardware).

Did the computer work well before and just started to act or is it a new
computer/installation?

Cheers,

--P