On 30/01/07, Alan L Tyree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The frustrating thing is that I can't find any significant difference
between the Xubuntu configuration files and the Ubuntu ones that behave
perfectly.

Let's try to look at the situation from a different angle - login to the
remote system with "-X" and try to find whether you can see anything
listening on TCP port 6010 (that's the port sshd will usually forward X11
through, determined by X11DisplayOffset in /etc/ssh/sshd_config) using "sudo
netstat -tlp".

For some reason this command will not list the program name on a (working)
Debian Etch, but rather something like:

tcp        0      0 localhost:6010          *:*                     LISTEN
21577/4

(21577 is the pid, I assume the "/4" is the file descriptor)

Also can you check that you have package "xbase-clients" installed on the
remote Xubuntu ("Misty")?

Cheers,

--Amos