As a matter of Netiquette, how many individual emails should be sent upstream to one's ISP in a single connection?

As an exercise I have just written a shell script that dumps individualised emails into nullmailer's queue for the first n addressees in one of my mailing lists, then flushes the queue, then dumps individualised emails for the next n addressees, then flushes the queue, ... .

So, what should be the value of n? Should it be a measurement by number or mass?

BTW, my address list contains dozens, not thousands, of addresses.

Robert Thorsby