this is of course configurable, but the default is 10

as rev. rumble just pointed out, in this case exim will
then sort the emails and try to optimise sending.

so from your end, its helpful to sort the emails by domain
before sending.

Dean

Dean Hamstead wrote:
exim will wait for the next queue runner, rather than delivering straight away (its prefered method) with envelopes over 10 messages

so regardless of how you throttle it, you may find your host just
sitting on its hands for a while.

Dean

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Not sure if mailman has the ability but in PHPList you can
throttle the speed that the mails are sent out. I have a
client that has over 1000 in its list - All I do is set it
up so it sends out a single email every second. Takes a bit
longer but does not impact the server.