Michael Lake wrote:
Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
James Dumay wrote:

They are not heavy.... MacBook Pros are.

Next SLUG meeting, how about we compare the weight of your machine
against my Dell or Robert's Dell?

More fun would be to have a competition with the laptops like the Scottish Highland Games. http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/8682/heavy/descrip.htm

'Description: The stone put, or clachneart, involves "putting" the stone as far as possible. The stone must be put; i.e. like in the shot put; the stone may not be thrown from behind like a baseball, underarm like a softball, or overhead with two hands.'

(where clachneart = laptop)

Mike
And will there be  dress code?

Maybe a pentatholon - something along the lines of

1) a bootup of various laptops.

2) I have washed spilt ink on my Targa laptop and it survived to star at the
last
SLUG meeting
<http://www.ramin.com.au/linux/video-capture-editing-using-kino.shtml>

3) The Twinheads are supposed to be drop resistant.

4) Battery life/power consumption

Marghanita da Cruz
http://www.ramin.com.au
Phone: (+61)0414 869202