On 14/09/2007, Jeff Waugh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <quote who="Erik de Castro Lopo">
>
> > James Dumay wrote:
> >
> > > They are not heavy.... MacBook Pros are.
> >
> > Next SLUG meeting, how about we compare the weight of your machine against
> > my Dell or Robert's Dell?
>
> I challenge you both to a fight with wet newspapers.
>
> (MacBook Pros are wrapped in metal. MacBooks are wrapped in plastic. Heavy
> plastic!)

Bah!  According to http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/specs.html and
http://www.apple.com/macbook/specs.html ...

Mac Book 13"
  Total weight: 2.31kg
  Weight / inch of screen: 0.177 kg/inch

Mac Book Pro 15"
  Total weight: 2.45kg
  Weight / inch of screen: 0.163 kg/inch

Mac Book Pro 17"
  Total weight: 3.08kg
  Weight / inch of screen: 0.181 kg/inch

So it all depends on whether you're talking about the 15" or 17" MBP
in comparison to the MB :-)
--
Michael Davies           "Do what you think is interesting, do somthing that
[EMAIL PROTECTED]    you think is fun and worthwhile, because otherwise