On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 01:53:04PM +1000, Visser, Martin wrote:

> I'll see if I can get answer internally.

Thanks Martin.  I'm a little annoyed that when my laptop died & the
motherboard was replaced under warranty, the replacement had a very old
BIOS, and they didn't set the model and serial numbers.

> An alternative might be to see if you can hold of one of the Windows
> PE or similar bootable CDs.

I didn't know such a thing existed.  I gave up on Windows years ago :-)
We do use it at work though, so I'll see what I can do.

Thanks,

John
--
If you want to watch [a hard drive] die a slow agonizing death, whilst
incoveniencing the maximum number of your lusers, install it in the