Dave Kempe wrote:
Crossfire wrote:
I want to be able to set it up so /home (and maybe other filesystems) are replicated from one to the other, in both directions, in real time so they can run in an all-hot redundant cluster.

The environment should be mostly read-oriented, so I can live with write-latent solutions as long as they handle the race/collision gracefully (preferably by actually detecting and reporting it if they can't avoid it).

isn't this just a description of a network filesytem... say NFS?

No. Network Filesystems still have a distinct single storage location. If that storage is taken offline, clients can only error or hang.

With a hot real-time replicated filesystem, all involved nodes would have a full local copy at all times and would be able to continue operation.

C.