Adrian Chadd wrote:
I looked into it about a year ago and I couldn't find any simple way of
doing this using free software. There's CODA/AFS as possible solutions but
they still push the notion of master/slave rather than equal peers, which
Chris mentions he needs (ie, constant synchronisation between each member
rather than periodic pushback..)

Chris, try looking at CODA/AFS support?

OpenAFS was already considered. R/O replication is a pain, as is the whole volume host death problem. (ie: write volume goes away if the host holding the volume dies).

I haven't looked at Coda recently. They still seem to be active (I thought they'd all abandoned ship for Intermezzo - seems I was wrong). I'll check it out sometime soon.

C.