Hi all,

First, thanks to everyone who assisted with my previous exploits. It appears the reason I couldn't get the command to work was I had an earlier version of Imagemagick. Again, thanks to all, your assistance is very much appreciated - not least of all by the relatives who 'stare in amazement' at what FOSS can do in the multimedia arena :))

Now, I have another goal I'm seeking assistance with.

I have two video streams. In this case (for my trial) they're identical moving picture streams. I've broken them down into stills:

one_000001.png to one000201.png

two_000001.png to two000201.png

I want to superimpose stream two onto stream one. Stream two is a smaller image with a transparent border. In effect, this will be a video playing with a smaller version of itself in one corner.

I thought this command would do it for me:

for i in `seq 1 999`; do j=`printf %06d $i`; echo convert one_$j.png two_$j.png -composite convert$j.png; done

but though it gives me the following message:

convert one_000001.png two_000001.png -composite convert000001.png

I end up with no change in the end...and the 'end product' - convert000001.png does not exist.

Can someone please have look at what I'm doing and provide a hint/assistance with my obviously crap command?

Many thanks,

Patrick

PS. I'm hopefully going to find the time to blog my vid exploits. In the meantime, if anyone is interested in some ideas about vid editing and effects, I'm more than happy to help out.

--
Registered GNU/Linux User 368634