From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Amos Shapira
Sent: Monday, 25 August 2008 8:51 AM
To: SLUG
Subject: [SLUG] Prefered video card for Linux dual-head?

Hello,

My boss bought second-hand extra monitors for all of us and I now need
to buy a graphics card which can support dual-head for Debian/Ubuntu
(and Windows XP and Vista).

Since there are always swings around about "best linux support" which
I didn't follow, what's the order of the day? Should go with nVidia,
AMD or maybe Intel? Any specific card families/models?

The computers are a mix of older (2-3 years?) to new (2 months old),
so the system bus might be a bit limited too.

I don't need to run games or anything too fancy - just plain
programming/surfing and remote desktop, though support for Compiz
would be a nice bonus.

Thanks,

--Amos