Hi Amos

I have a NVIDIA 8500 on my Hardy and it works fine in dual-monitor mode. I
hate the fact the driver is proprietary but so is AMD's. As Lloyd mentioned,
I too had very bad experience with AMD's drivers on Ubuntu. I think AMD
graphic cards are better tech-wise but their support in GNU/Linux is not so
good.

Regards,

Masood