I have a 701 (well, the wife has it :)) on which I
installed eeebuntu which works a treat. The screen
is small, and the keyboard is small, but it is
also very light and quick to start/shut-down. It
certainly does the job we got it for. A larger
keyboard and screen would be nice, but at the
price it's hard to complain.

It cost $275 from msy.com.au (no, I don't work
there) but they've since gone up to $299. It had
the Xandros install, which admittedly was very
quick to start (45 seconds) and very responsive,
but a little limited and certainly not as
beautiful as the eeebuntu GUI.

Regards,

Patrick

--