The first thing that comes to my mind is make sure that both offices
have the same ISP, or (this is a good guess) you are in trouble
with lag (or am I mistaken here?).

jobst

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 07:21:32AM +1100, Ben Donohue (donoh...@icafe.com.au)
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> (this is a bit like an ask Slashdot... maybe we can have an "ask SLUG")
>
> my work is looking at rationalizing phone/mobile usage with possibly
> VOIP between offices. I've suggested setting up Linux boxes and using
> Asterix.
>
> As usual FOSS is a bit unknown to the higher ups and they are also
> looking to external suppliers.
>
> Just a general question/thread on what have others done to get down the
> phone bills of...
> inter-office calls
> calls to and from mobiles
> conferencing (mainly inter-office Australia/NZ and many Asian offices)
> Blackberry/Windows Mobile
>
> Idea's on how others have used Linux and FOSS applications to solve this
> problem.
> Anyone do this for a living? (perhaps come in or give an intro on what
> you can do for us?)
>
> Thanks,
> Ben
>

> --

If builders built buildings the way Microsoft wrote programs, then the first
woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization.