Gonzalo Servat wrote:
On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 8:50 PM, Daniel Pittman <dan...@rimspace.net> wrote:

[..snip..]
Yes. It works reliably and I haven't touched it for weeks.
Thanks.  How difficult was the initial configuration, and does that
include ENUM or other policy routing?

Well, like I said, there is an initial learning curve (as you would expect
with something as powerful as PBX) but as with what most/all people that use
the software say about it: it's worth it. Yes, it has an enum module.

Interesting you should use the term PBX....how well does it cope with VoIP - ie "logical phones" (identified by internal extensions/owner) that are location (city, country etc) independent?

And what is its reporting billing function like?

It does have a bit of a learning curve, but it's worth it.

Mmmmm.  Is there an "out of the box" solution to that need, or just the
ability to build one?  I can, I suppose, put one together, but something
that just worked(tm) would be nice...

Again, if you just want it to ring a couple of phones when a call comes in
then it shouldn't be hard at all to do. However, if you want to build an IVR
then you will probably have to code it up in one of the supported languages
that I mentioned.

Check out #freeswitch on irc.freenode.net.
I appreciate the suggestion, but it is lacks much appeal for me; I strongly
dislike IRC as a mechanism for technical discussion.

That's a shame. A lot of projects use IRC as a medium for real-time
discussion including FreeSWITCH.

Is IRC considered the standard mechanism for FreeSWITCH support?

There is a mailing list, as with most projects, as well as IRC support for
those that required something a little more real-time.

- Gonzalo

--
Marghanita da Cruz
http://www.ramin.com.au