On Thu, 2009-03-19 at 17:01 +1100, Michael Lake wrote:
> Ken Foskey wrote:
> > I have an open X server at home and I simply run X on my windows desktop
> > to get into it:
> >
> >     cygwin
> >     X -query myserver
> >
> > Pretty simple,  very insecure it is reliant on network security.
>
> So I would need Cygwin/X not the normal Cygwin? I have a cygwin on my Windows
> box
> that gives a "bash" shell but I presume I need one with X?
>
> When you write "X -query myserver" is that using Xnest ie do you mean
> "Xnest -query myserver" ?

Straight from Bash itself,   you are starting a new Xserver and linking
it to the actual server in one step.   You can probably do this with a
windows batch file in one step but I have no need.

If you get a grey box coming up then you have to enable xdcmp (I think)
in the sign on daemon you use (eg gdm).