Robert Collins <robe...@robertcollins.net> writes:
> On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 15:25 +1000, Daniel Pittman wrote:
>>
>> Out of curiosity, what number of users are you considering "real
>> users" here?  I agree with what you are saying, but you certainly
>> seem to have a much, much higher standard than I (at least) am used
>> to for "real" use.
>
> Millions.

*nod*  Fair enough.  In that case, indeed, I have never worked on
software with real users.

IIRC, the peak deployment of any software package I worked on[1] was only a
few tens of thousands of people, at a some hundreds of different
companies around the world.

All very experimental.

Regards,
        Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  ...excluding things like minor contributions to Emacs and similar
     relatively peripheral bits and pieces.