I have a very large xfs file system that is corrupt and there is an IO
error in the middle of the file system, xfs_repair crashes.  A bit of
reading and I have a solution,  just thought I would put it out there in
case I have forgotten something.

Booting xeon server with 32 bit Ubuntu live CD.   All the hard disks on
new server in LVM giving me 3.76 TB.  I am copying 3.3TB from the other
server.

First I need to grab a copy of the data across the network,  from my new
server I access the old server:

ssh r...@server 'dd  if=/dev/vg1/lv1  conv=noerror,sync' | dd
of=/dev/vg/lv01

next I simply repair it

xfs_repair  /dev/vg/lv01

Mount it.  I figure this bit is easy by my reading, Ubuntu handles xfs
out of the box (read only so that it cannot be used as a proper server)

I am reading from a 32 bit server and booting a Xeon server with 32 bit
live CD.  This means the NFS should match correctly.

Is the above basically correct?   Is there any hints that I might need.

Ta
Ken