>>>>> "Erik" == Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+s...@mega-nerd.com> writes:

Erik> Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
>> Apache, boa, lighttpd, something else?

Erik> Rob Collins on irc suggested Apache so I installed that from an
Erik> Ubuntu Hardy package. The setup was much easier than I remember
Erik> it being. Standard HTTP and CGI worked out of the box.

Erik> I would still be interested in hearing about people using other
Erik> servers and their reasons.

I'm using Xitami on one of my (virtual) servers, because it is much
lighter weight than Apache for what I want.  And I generally install
boa when I want something that's GPL on an embedded system, because of
its low resource usage for static HTML and simple forms.

Peter C