Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+s...@mega-nerd.com> writes:

> I need a HTTP server running on Linux with: easy setup, cgi, SSL
> The server will not be at all heavily  loaded. Recommendations?
>
> Apache, boa, lighttpd, something else?

Apache.  It still sees the most testing of any of the Linux options,
which means that it is the most likely to be secure, and the most likely
to be fixed first if it isn't.

I would recommend NGINX, but it doesn't do CGI, so doesn't meet your
needs.

Beyond that, base it on popularity: lighttpd is a good choice, because
it is fairly popular, but not at the same level as Apache.[1]

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2009/01/16/january_2009_web_server_survey.html

Regards,
        Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  Not popular enough to list as a distinct entry in the NetCraft
     surveys, however.